How can you ensure you are bringing your best self to your job right now?
Recorded: Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:00PM EST
If there ever was a time when HR professionals were called upon to be all things to all people – COVID-19 is the time. Are you taking care of yourself or everyone else in your organization? In addition, many of you are likely also juggling childcare and home schooling. Where do you fit in? Taking care of yourself prepares you to be the best leader you can be.
Our presenter has been in HR for more than 25 years. She will share her two-year journey to study how to reduce stress in her life. She openly and candidly tells her story and why she embarked on this pre-COVID-19 journey and how these strategies have continued to help during this tough time.
About The Presenter
Barb is a dedicated and passionate human resources and compensation leader with proven business experience in multiple business sectors. With 25 plus years of experience designing strategic total reward programs Barb is a leader in her field. Barb’s years of experience supporting organizations in Ontario with pay equity compliance started on the ground floor in the late 1980’s. Barb was part of a team providing advice to the Ontario Pay Equity Commission on what became the guidelines for compliance in Ontario.
Our discussion today will focus on:
- Providing an overview on how the brain is negatively impacted by stress
- The benefits of ‘self-care’ allowing us to be present and available to bring their best selves forward
- This session discusses best practices for stress reduction including mindfulness meditation
- We will also touch on setting healthy boundaries at work and at home – knowing how and when to say “no”
- Give you some tips on how to develop a self care plan and make it stick